I’ll admit it – I am an interior design snob. Lots of things people buy make me crazy – you know, the like what-the-hell-were-you-thinking kind of crazy. I mean, I like to THINK I have an elevated design sense but really, people – some things are just obviously “bad.” And nothing brings out bad design like “The Holidays.” Case in point –
“Christmas Cardinal Quilt and Sham set – Festive cardinal quilt and sham set has a red-and-green patchwork design with symbols of the season. Reverses to a green holly pattern. Includes shams for standard 20″ x 26″ pillows. Imported. Polyester/polyfill. Machine wash/dry. Twin, full, queen or king – any size, only $39.99/set.”
1. Avoid anything “reversible.”
2. The descriptor “Imported” means “Made in China.”
3. Live your life as if you are allergic to polyester/poly anything. You will thank me.
4. Never buy ANYTHING that comes in various sizes all for the same price. Never.
5. If a product looks like it might belong to a fictional character – in this case, Santa Claus, but this advice also applies to princesses, army men, dead rock stars and anything Grateful Dead – just say “No!”
Follow these five simple rules and you’ll be well on your way to living a more gracious, beautiful and well-designed life. You are welcome…